JOIN OUR TEAM
Are you looking for a new career in transport planning or sustainable transport?
Thanks for considering TPS for your next career move. Our company was first launched way back in 1999, and over the last two decades, we’ve gradually grown to become a well respected team of Transport Planners and Sustainable Transport specialists.
We are based in Wakefield, but operate throughout the UK and Ireland, providing client focussed services across a wide and varied range of projects.
We know that the strength of our own success is a direct result of the fantastic people that work for us, and we’re incredibly proud of our staff, and our great reputation as an employer. So, if you’re looking for a job in transport planning we’d love to hear from you!
We hope you find a role that excites you, and if you don’t then drop us an email with your CV.
Job Title: Consultant Transport (Development) Planner
Term: Full time permanent (will consider part time)
Salary: £24,000 – £30,000 (dependent upon experience)
The Company: We are a well-established and successful transport planning company, delivering development planning and sustainable / active travel projects. We offer our employees a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and friendly office environment.
We pride ourselves on delivering high quality, tailored advice across a range of sectors, and our client list reflects the quality of our offer. We work on projects ranging from small residential sites, through to some of the most high-profile developments within the UK, meaning the right candidate will enjoy working on a breadth of projects across a range of clients.
The Opportunity: We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, self-motivated and ambitious individual to join our team in Wakefield as a Consultant Transport Planner, (Development) to support senior colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary, 28 days annual leave and flexible working hours.
The role will principally involve input to / preparation of Transport Statements, Transport Assessments, site access feasibility assessments and Travel Plans as part of the planning process, including (but not limited to):
- Use of TRICS to estimate the likely impact of development proposals;
- Preparation of gravity models (or similar) to understand likely traffic distribution associated with development proposals;
- Policy reviews, with a view to demonstrating the compliance of the proposals with both local and national transport planning policy;
- Site accessibility assessments, focusing on the opportunities for sustainable and active travel;
- Use of industry standard modelling software (e.g. LINSIG, Junctions 9) to undertake junction capacity assessments;
- Liaising with suppliers (e.g. traffic count companies) to obtain information required to prepare reports for planning; and
- Reviewing and inputting to site layouts and access designs, in the context of highway design standards, parking standards etc.
- Experience in the transport (development) planning industry, including in preparing / contributing to Transport Assessments, Transport Statements and Travel Plans;
- An appreciation of the basic principles of highway design;
- An understanding of key transport planning policy documents and how these relate to development;
- Excellent report writing, other written and numerical presentation skills;
- Good communication skills and a confidence to engage with senior colleagues, clients and 3rd parties;
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills, with an awareness of and aptitude for managing competing project deadlines and client expectations;
- Awareness of financial management, with an ability to ensure delivery of tasks / projects within specific time / budgetary constraints; and
- A desire to work in a small consultancy environment and play a key role in the future development of the Development Planning team.
Applications should be submitted by email to Georgina.firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business on Monday 5th November.
Applicants should send their full CV, along with a covering letter, which clearly sets out why you see yourself as being suitable to the role in question.
If you have any queries, or would like to talk through the opportunity further, please contact Georgina Stares on 01924 664638 or email Georgina.email@example.com
Get in touch
At TPS we have a friendly approachable team, so if you would like further information on the services we provide, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We can be contacted via the form to the right or by phone on 01924 664638.