At level 3 our instructor team will work with you individually or in much smaller groups, to plan, ride and evaluate a specific cycle route. This route will use a variety of roads and include pinch points, roundabouts and major roads to give you the best insight and knowledge to get your regular ride or commute up and running. If you are wanting to gain an insight to riding in city centres, on major routes or utilise a mix of cycling infrastructure then level 3 is a great opportunity to do that.
- Revisit of all level – 2 outcomes to increase confidence in riding on the roads
- Ability to lead a cycling group and position yourself well in built up areas
- Ability to interact with fast moving, regular traffic
- How to filter correctly to maintain a safe riding style within busy areas
- Good identification of local cycling infrastructure to use on a regular commute
- How to cycle safely and effectively on a roundabout
- How to identify and deal with pinch points in the road e.g. traffic Islands
- What equipment to take with you on a regular commute
- Basic Maintenance Introduction (M-Check) and personal safety check
What You Will Need:
We ask participants to try and bring with you your own bike and helmet (optional), however, please let us know if this is not possible for any reason, and we will endeavour to try and make these available for you.
Book Onto An Upcoming Level 3 Course
Location: Thorpe Park Leeds
Date: Various – Please Enquire
Please note, eligibility to certain dates/locations may be restricted to those invited to attend through a workplace or community programme.