Location: Hybrid (Wakefield) – with remote working considered
Salary: On request (dependent on experience)
Working Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours) with flexible working – Part time considered
TPS is not your average transport planning consultancy; we combine technical excellence and a drive for success with a nurturing working environment, encouraging every member of our team to realise their full potential.
With an extensive client and project portfolio and ambitious plans for growth, we have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our Development Planning team.
As an experienced Development Planner, you will be able to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of current and emerging land use and transport policies and have the ability to lead on the delivery of high-quality technical documents, which might include:
- Transport Assessments and Statements;
- Development-related Travel Plans;
- Access Feasibility Assessments;
- Construction Traffic Management Plans.
You will be someone who takes pride in all that you do, works hard as part of a team and is keen to push themselves to progress in their career. The ideal candidate will have:
- Development Planning experience, ideally knowledge of:
- Junctions and LinSig modelling software
- AutoCAD / Autotrack
- A demonstrable track record of preparing high-quality transport planning reports for a range of development types;
- Good written and numeracy skills;
- Good communication skills, and a confidence to engage with other team members, clients and key stakeholders (including local highway / planning authorities);
- Organisational skills, with an ability to manage competing deadlines and work as part of a team to turn projects around in a timely manner;
- Demonstrable financial awareness, including experience of preparing fee proposals and an understanding of budget management;
- An aptitude to act as a mentor to help develop more junior colleagues and support their career aspirations;
- A desire to work in an SME consultancy environment, with the opportunity to be involved in the shape of the business in the future;
Why Work With Us?
We encourage our team to be themselves and provide a supportive environment to help you to develop as an individual, as well as a professional. We provide an attractive employment package and support a healthy work-life balance.
We offer an excellent range of employee benefits, including:
- Agile and collaborative working environment
- 28 days annual leave (including 3 days between Christmas and New Year), with the opportunity to earn up to 5 additional days for long-service.
- Formal Time Off in Lieu policy.
- Flexible working, with no core hours.
- Hybrid / remote working.
- Cash-back health plan.
- Structured training and development programme.
- Paid volunteer day.
- Pension contribution.
- Profit-share bonus scheme.
- Funded social events.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
TPS is passionate about creating opportunities for everyone in the business to develop and grow. Development in the role will lead the person to the next step of Principal Consultant and ultimately to Associate where they will take overall responsibility for sector/service management, alongside our Directors. Career development is supported by structured training and mentoring.
Find Out More and Apply
Further Information Further information about our business can be found across our website, however, should you wish to talk through the opportunity further, we would be more than happy to have an informal chat. Please contact Georgina Stares – Georgina.firstname.lastname@example.org or 07739 322130.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please send your CV, along with a covering letter, which clearly sets out why you see yourself as being suitable for the role.