Location: Hybrid (Wakefield) – with remote working considered
Salary: On request (dependent on experience)
Working Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours) with flexible working – Part time considered
TPS is not your average transport planning consultancy; we combine technical excellence and a drive for success with a nurturing working environment, encouraging every member of our team to realise their full potential.
With an extensive client and project portfolio and ambitious plans for growth, we have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our Travel Planning team.
TPS is a transport consultancy with a sustainable focus. Our specialist team has been developing and delivering travel plan strategies for over 20 years, and are currently appointed to do so at over 150 sites within the UK.
To support our continued and expanding workload, we are currently seeking to add an additional Travel Plan Coordinator to our team (Consultant or Senior Consultant equivalent). Working across a range of sectors, you will play a key role in the management and delivery of a diverse range of projects, providing opportunities to apply and develop your skills in the sector.
With previous experience of travel planning, you will be encouraged to work independently, putting your own stamp on the work we deliver as a business as we continue to deliver innovative and client focussed services. At the same time, you will benefit from the ability to work collaboratively with our wider team of experts.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To effectively develop, manage and deliver travel plan programmes;
- To build, and effectively manage positive relationships with clients, suppliers and TPS colleagues;
- To plan and deliver promotional events, campaigns and engagement activities, aimed at influencing travel choices, working alongside comms and graphic design colleagues;
- To identify the opportunity to develop and introduce new travel plan related tools or services, that support the business growth strategy and / or enhance a specific project(s);
- To effectively plan and manage the use of project budgets, with an ability to prepare fee proposals, identify resource requirements and report upon project spend;
- To prepare a range of communication and engagement tools/materials, in conjunction with our in-house design team;
- You will have strong written and spoken presentation skills;
- You will ensure that time spent and expenses incurred on individual tasks are recorded accurately and in a timely fashion, feeding into the company’s finance system;
- You will demonstrate an ability to manage competing demands on your time, by implementing appropriate time management mechanisms, in pursuit of project deadlines;
- You will be flexible in terms of travel and working hours, as required in pursuit of a projects aims and objectives. There may be an occasional need to work outside of normal working hours;
- As required, you will demonstrate an ability to pass on your knowledge and skills to other members of the team, through mentoring and on-the-job training;
Why Work With Us?
The successful candidate will be supported, mentored, and provided with opportunities to progress within the TPS Team. We encourage people to take responsibility, to seize opportunities, to lead and to learn. We provide an attractive employment package and support a healthy work-life balance.
We offer an excellent range of employee benefits, including:
- Agile and collaborative working environment
- 28 days annual leave (including 3 days between Christmas and New Year); plus additional leave accrual for long service;
- Formal Time Off in Lieu policy;
- Flexible working policy;
- Option to work from home / remotely, as appropriate to your role;
- Structured training and development programme, with an annual time allowance for courses / in-house mentoring;
- Pension contribution;
- Discretionary annual profit-share bonus scheme;
- Funded social events;
- Cycle to Work scheme;
- Childcare voucher scheme;
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme; and
- Healthcare Cash-back Plan.
TPS is passionate about creating opportunities for everyone in the business to develop and grow. Development in the role will lead the person to the next step of Principal Consultant and ultimately to Associate where they will take overall responsibility for sector/service management, alongside our Directors. Career development is supported by structured training and mentoring.
Find Out More and Apply
Further information about our business can be found across our website, however, should you wish to talk through the opportunity further, we would be more than happy to have an informal chat. Please contact John Hacker – email@example.com or 07747563606.
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your CV, along with a covering letter, which clearly sets out why you see yourself as being suitable for the role.