Having supported the University with the ongoing development and delivery of its Travel Plan Strategy over some ten years, in February 2020 Director, Georgina Stares, took on a part-time secondment role to the University of York, acting as a consultant Project Manager. Initially, the role was to provide hands-on support to the University to prepare the next iteration of its Travel Plan, including playing an instrumental role in setting up the University’s ‘Sustainable Transport Strategy Group’, sitting within the Estates Directorate, however, it has since expanded to include a wide range of transport projects.
- Stakeholder engagement (internal and external).
- Preparation of marketing materials (using in-house Graphic Design capabilities).
- Data analysis to inform future projections of parking demand.
- Parking permit entitlement review
- Support for planning applications, including a new Student Centre.
- Highway design.
- Travel Plan Strategy preparation and implementation support.
- EV charging policy and user guide, as well as managing back-end software.
- Support for bus service re-tendering and temporary shuttle services.
For more information view our University of York Project Sheet.