As a nation, we need to move more! Busy modern lifestyles see many of us being too inactive, which can have serious consequences for our health – see our article on The Commute regarding the health benefits of active travel. An inactive, unhealthy population costs employer’s money in lost time and puts unsustainable pressure on our NHS. Employers, Government and the NHS are all, therefore, increasingly recognising the need to promote and facilitate active and healthy lifestyles.
A proactive health and wellbeing programme is increasingly seen as a must for any good employer; it offers a mechanism by which employers can attract and retain the best workforce, by not only providing the appropriate physical environment, but by supporting individuals with a wider range of ‘softer’ initiatives, aimed at promoting all round well-being.
We believe the commute has an important role to play in increasing levels of physical activity. It’s a journey many people make daily, and many could do so by running, walking or cycling.
We work with clients to develop and implement strategies focused around getting more people to undertake regular local journeys by active travel modes, whether to work, to the local shops, or to school.
Typical services delivered include:
- Active travel challenges to reward those who walk, cycle or run to work;
- Onsite cycle events, Dr. Bike sessions and ‘give it a go’ promotions;
- Focused engagements and marketing campaigns;
- Organised walks and rides;
- Sustainable travel sites audits;
- Workforce accessibility audits;
- Bespoke active travel guides, marketing literature and mapping;
- Preparation of active travel strategies, as part of a Travel Plan.
Speak to our team about how we could develop and implement an active travel strategy for your business.